Monday, March 15, 2010

Cheap Munchkin Mighty Grip BPA-Free Glass Bottles 3-Pack, 4 oz,Colors Vary



It's a glass bottle. It's the same as all other glass bottles. What makes it different is the shape. It's VERY comfortable to hold. My little guy likes to whip his head around. With other glass bottles, the bottle goes flying unless I really grip. With this one, it's easier to hold onto.

I should note that the neck is NOT standard. The only collars that will fit this bottle are the ones that come with it. As in you can not take an Evenflo nipple collar and use it on the Munchkin bottle. It doesn't fit. However, it is a standard collar hole, so you can put any nipple you want in it.

Which is good because the Munchkin nipples are TERRIBLE. The concept is GREAT! I LOVE the idea of having a small cross hole for self regulating flow and a 0-6 month age range! The vent thing was a bit weird looking and seemed pointless to me, but I just went with it. I've used many different nipples in my day, as this is my 3rd child. These are by far the worst. The flow rate is very cool. My son does like that he can control and choose how fast or slow he wants it to be. So he loves this nipple. For the whole 2 minutes it is filled. I have never seen a nipple that flattened so quickly. And to get it to pop back out you literally have to take the whole collar off AND squeeze the nipple to pop it back into shape.

I normally love all Munchkin products. I have yet to find one I dont like. While the bottle itself is awesome, the nipple is so bad that I wish I hadn't paid for it. And the lack of compatibility for the collar also is a little annoying.

I bought some of the Walmart brand nipples (Parent Choice) and they have (surprisingly) been the best I've used. They fit nicely in the Munchkin collar and on the bottle.

So I dont feel totally ripped off with buying this bottle. Again, the shape is really great and nice to hold. I will probably buy it again, but think I am going to wait and see if I can buy them on sale.

So, as the title says, the bottle is great, but the nipple quality is so poor it brings the rating down. The bottle would get a 4 star rating and the nipple would get a negative rating if I could. Get more detail about Munchkin Mighty Grip BPA-Free Glass Bottles 3-Pack, 4 oz,Colors Vary.

0 comments on "Cheap Munchkin Mighty Grip BPA-Free Glass Bottles 3-Pack, 4 oz,Colors Vary"

Post a Comment

 

Munchkin Baby Reviews Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez